Friday 16 January 2015

Friday Five: Lipsticks

Happy Friday!

The bitter weather means no sign of us unwrapping our scarves, and by no means are we able to go fresh faced yet either. January and the New Year always makes me want to have a kind of glowiness to my makeup; recently I've been opting for a flawless base accompanied by barely-there brows and eyes. However, a colour on the lips always helps me finish off my makeup and feel that bit more fabulous. Here are my top five favourite lip colours at the minute:

1. MAC Amplified Lipstick in Girl About Town
This was bought for me as a gift for Christmas 2013 and I have loved it ever since. I feel this pink is a suitable colour all year round and has been my go-to lipstick if I fancy a bit of colour as it just goes with everything! Despite the brightness of it, it is totally wearable day through night and I love it so much. It stays on all day and only requires a tiny bit of topping up after I've eaten. MAC I love you. 

2. Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Colour in 1 Red Carpet
This lipstick is the definition of "does what it says on the tin": it so creamy and so matte and such a beautiful red. It is the first Bobbi Brown product I've owned and it's made me want to go back for more. I love reds in the winter and for an evening/going-out makeup. Get me on that red carpet!

3. MAC Amplified Lipstick in Up The Amp
This is another colour I think is appropriate all year round but I think it's my all time favourite colour lipstick I've owned. It doesn't get as much wear as I'd like as the purply-tone isn't always something that will fit with the rest of my makeup or outfit. I just think it's beaut!

4. MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Hang Up
My first ever MAC product all those years ago and it has been a winter staple since. It is the perfect deep red/plum shade for the season and stays on so well. For some reason I feel like this one smells the nicest, although all MAC lippys have that vanilla-ish scent to them. The texture of cremesheen lipsticks are perfect for me as I get dry skin during these months; they stay on all day and I always get compliments when I wear this one.

5. Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate in 03
Last but most definitely not last is a must-have during winter: nude lippy! Again I struggle to find nude/light shades that sit well on my lips but this is the best one I've found. Kate Moss' collection are extremely affordable and the colours are lovely. This is an easy, wearable nude shade that stays on quite well and looks great with a dark smoky eye!

So there are mine, thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post. What are your favourite winter beauty colours?

Emma x

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for nominating me gorgeous but I've already been nominated for this award, I just didn't get around to sending the post! Thank you again :)
    Jasmine
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

  2. catriona lauder9 February 2015 at 05:45
    Hey!
    Just wanted to say that I recently discovered your blog over on bloglovin and I really love it so I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award! :)
    Catriona...

    http://catrionalauder.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger
Design byJasmineJoy